Bike trek is our new product of trekking the Kilimanjaro Mountain, Kilema route is the only route
Bike trek to Kilimanjaro Mountain can reach to the top of the Mount Kilimanjaro by mountain bike.
our experienced guides the whole trip to summit Mt Kilimanjaro 5895M, took 5 days with proper
This activity provides physical exercise and recreational use of the natural environment with minimum impact while enhancing visitors’ experience. Summit bound visitors will use Kilema route (19km) and cyclists will meet their porters at Horombo and continue to the summit. For non-summit bound visitors, cycling starts from Londorosi gate or from Moramu Picnic Site then back to Moramu (44km ride)
5 Days Itinerary 2 Nights Hotel
Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi
Pick up from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi town at the hotel. Depending the time of arrival, you will meet the Bujo Tours operation team. They will tell you more about the trip, share tips and safety information and thoroughly check your gear to see if you have everything you need.
Moshi to Marangu Gate to Kilema Gate to Horombo Hut
You will be picked from the hotel at 8:30 am, this morning we drive through Kilimanjaro semi-tropical foothills to Marangu gate, spend some minutes for registrations and get the permit and then drive to Kilema gate and enter Kilimanjaro National park and start the riding up to Horombo Hut, today is 100% cycling by bike.
Cycling distance is 19 kilometers and vegetation is forest and moorland.
Full Day Horombo Acclimatization
After breakfast you start your cycling, riding through Alpine desert, some of the areas you will be riding on small stone up to Mawenzi hut and back to Horombo hut.
Today is 90% riding on “Alpine desert vegetation, cycling distance is 10 kilometers.
Horombo to Kibo Hut
After breakfast you will continue with riding to Kibo Hut, you will ride on small stone in most areas.
Cycling today is 90% on Alpine desert vegetation.
Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut
At four am, you will be awakened by your guides to start the zigzag trek up long screen slop. After roughly two hours you should reach Hans Meyer’s Cave and from here the gradient gets steeper. Continue your climb for approximately another three hours to Gilman’s Point, you will take your bike from Porters and start riding to Uhuru peak, arriving at Uhuru peak spends some few minutes or take photos and then riding down to Stella Point. After lunch ride down to Horombo.
Today cycling from Kibo to Uhuru and then Kibo 15% to 20% vegetation is alpine desert and from Kibo to Horombo 100% “Alpine desert vegetation /Icecap.
Horombo Hut to Kilema gate
After a leisurely breakfast, make your final riding down to Kilema gate across the alpine and the rainforest to Kilema gate, then you will be transferred to Marangu gate for check out and then to the hotel in Moshi.
- Quality mountain bicycle in a trip
- Two nights in comfort hotel in Arusha ( 1 night on arival and 1 after the trip )
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- Guides, Porters, Cook salaries and park fees
- Quality, waterproof, four-season mountain sleeping tents (on twin sharing basis)
- Sleeping Mattress
- Emergency Oxygen Cylinder
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Conservation fees (part of park fees)
- Camping or Hut fees (part of park fees)
- Rescue fees (part of park fees)
- VAT (18% charged by the Government)
- Tanzania Visa
- Transfers (available as an optional addon)
- Personal trekking equipment such as sleepings bags, hiking boots, clothes, etc (available for renting)
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages